Some New Additions to our Family
We've been looking for a mode of transportation that had more than 2 wheels for quite some time now. Basically, since Hazel was born. Although the motorcycle is the family vehicle of choice in this country we figured that we take enough risks as is and thought we'd look into getting a car.
About a year ago one of the local taxi drivers acquired, what I like to call them, a mini-mini-van. The actual name is a Daihatsu Hi Jet. Terry fell instantly in love. He started looking into the possibility and benefits of actually owning one of these beauties. It's fuel efficient, small ( a plus for getting around on tiny crowded streets), lots of room for carrying baby strollers and such, and easy and cheap to fix. So, to make a long boring story short, we found one! The day before we left for vacation Terry decided to buy it.
I like to call it the Dork-mobile which Terry takes great offense to. At least we're not the only dorks driving these in town.
If any of you know me, you know I'm a cat person and going two years without a cat has been hard. Okay, having Hazel did help fill the "small, cute, crawling" void in my life. About 3 weeks ago one of our friends cats had 3 kittens. We said that when they were old enough we'd take one. About 2 weeks after that they had to unexpectedly return to the states. So, out of our extreme kindness, we took the all white mamma and her 3 all black kittens. Here's some pictures of Hazel making friends with them.

7 Comments:
That is the coolest van ever. I mean ever!! I saw a Daihatsu truck just the other day in Pensacola, they are small. I hope our cat takes to our little one, he did not like the other kitties at all. Glad to see you are all doing good. We are going to have to have a reunion soon, let us know what works for you guys.
I agree, coolest car ever! Does it have block heater, or even heat? If so bring it back to the peg.
Hazel looks likes she has her mama's extreme kindness for cats in the second picture. Is she looking to see if it's a boy or girl?
The van looks very spacious and comfy. I can see how 12 people can fit in there. As for Hazel, she is hilarious. I believe pulling tails = true friendship.
Heidi
Hey Charla, you forgot to acknowledge the van. What gives.
T-Bone! Nice wheels, pal. I like the bumper. That definitely looks like it's been welded to the frame.
Hey guys! Glad to see you got some wheels. I hope they are better to you than mine were! I am enjoying my '03 Camry here in Indy, it's a great blessing especially for the 8-hour drive east. I can't believe how big Hazel is now, and I know Mer especially misses her incredibly. Greetings and love to you three!
grandma susie is looking at your blog at kroekers house...she would like to pinch hazel's cheeks...may the lord bless you greatly..lotsa love susie
Post a Comment
<< Home