A Visit from Friends
The beginning of this month started off great with a visit from our good friends John and Lisa-Joy and their little boy, Mekhi. We love having visitors because it gives us a chance to see this country through fresh eyes again and laugh again over all the things that have now become common to us. It was so much fun to have 2 little ones around. Mekhi was moving pretty good and liked to get nice and close to Hazel. The first day John and Terry had to drive back to Santiago to get Mekhi's suitcase which they had forgotten to pick-up at the airport. I don't think John minded at all, giving him the opportunity to ride a motorcycle with Terry back to the airport. It also gave him a nice forearm burn to start the week off just right. The rest of the week was spent visiting waterfalls and then lazing around the beach at Cabarete. Terry and John went surfing every morning while Lisa-Joy and I took the wee ones to the pool. They both loved swimming. The day before they left, we took them to 27 waterwalls on our way back home from the beach. It's one of the islands best kept secrets. John and Lisa-Joy were able to go together while Terry and I took care of the kids. I'm pretty sure it was one of their favourite memories. And now, thanks to their underwater camera, we now have pictures of this hidden jewel. Of course, like usual, the week ended way too fast but we are always thankful for any opportunity to take off work to spend with friends. If you want to read more, check out the link to their blog (if they ever post one).

5 Comments:
I do not mean to be rude but why is John wearing the special helmet?
CD
Sheesh Cory, be nice.
It was a joke! Gosh.
I just published a really lengthy post, of similar content, and was feeling badly because I hadn't included my all time favorite photo... nice helmut John!
(Shhh, don't tell and don't show any pictures of me with mine)
LJ
You guys and your kids. You all look so cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home