Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Visitors Galore!



Time is flying by. Hazel is 3 months old today! Our friends just had a baby this morning so we went to visit them in the hospital. I was amazed at how quickly I had forgotten just how small Hazel once was. At 3 months she's smiling, cooing, kicking tons and holding her head up to look at everything around her. She has brought so much joy to our little house. These last few months have also been filled with family and friends. Two weeks after my sisters left, our friends Tyler and Erin came down. Once again we packed in as much as we could into a very short week. We started at the coast for a few days. Of course Tyler was forced into surfing with Terry, two prairie boys surfing the ocean. Somehow it doesn't quite fit. We made our way back to Jarabacoa to take in some hiking, waterfalls and paragliding (that was without me and Hazel). Then spent the last day swimming in Lagoona Dudu on the way back to the coast before saying farewell. We had such a fun time with them, never a dull moment. We are so thankful for the wonderful friends that God has blessed us with. It's nice to know that such a great distance hasn't taken that away.
I'm back at work now, part-time with Hazel as my sidekick. I have a bouncy chair for her in my/Terry's classroom but mostly she enjoys lying on the desk and watching the ceiling fans that I brightly decorated for her. I do enjoy the people interaction but definitely miss our lazy mornings just the two of us.

Valentine's Day at a rice and bean stand. How romantic!

At the waterfall, Bamboo Hole
Getting ready to jump! Actually, it's more like running and then floating.




Terry and Hazel hanging out by the pool.

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have THE life. How much more jealous can I get? Can't. I love the feet picture of Hazel. You guys make parenthood look idyllic and easy. Glad you've been having such great company! Keep up with the great pictures!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Carol says: Wow, what a beautiful little girl. Can hardly wait to see you guys when you come home this summer. We had a great time in Maui and met 2 wonderful women from DR - one of them even invited us to come and stay with her and her family - quite an offer! My niece is coming to DR in May on a Trinity Western missions trip to a village just 30 minutes from you. Amazing!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lisa-Joy & John Gunter said...

I love this entry! It is so happy! And I can picture you in the DR so happy!

I love it!

LJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home