Chinola and Sudoku
My (Jill) parents came down January 2nd for a two week visit to meet their first granddaughter. Unfortunately they had also signed up for a Sudoku marathon at the same time. So in between walks and naps and playing with Hazel, they were intently focused on mastering the puzzle Sudoku. I guess they thought it would be something to do on the plane ride down and got addicted. Their second addiction was Chinola, or passion fruit as the English like to call it. Anywhere we could possibly order natural chinola juice we did. And for good reason too, it's possibly the best juice in the world. You just can't get enough. When the weather was nice we were able to get out quite a bit and enjoyed the tropical climate. We visited a few local waterfalls, took mom and dad snorkeling for the first time, shopped, drank fresh coconut milk, and ate rice and beans.
So far Hazel has been a wonderful, easy baby. But having grandparents around sure does make a difference. Terry and I were able to pass her off at any time during the day or night and get a little extra sleep ourselves. Of course she impressed them with her ability to sleep through anything or at anytime and rarely fussed when I missed her feedings because we were climbing waterfalls or shopping.
The second Sunday here we had Hazel dedicated by my dad during the church service. Needless to say, it was really nice having them here and we hated to see them go.
At the airport meeting the little nut for the first time.

Going golfing.

Guess what they're doing? Even Terry got hooked.

At the beach. She hated her hat, but we thought it was cute.

After her dedication.
Going golfing.
Guess what they're doing? Even Terry got hooked.
At the beach. She hated her hat, but we thought it was cute.
After her dedication.

4 Comments:
Nice dedicaton shirt, Hazel. Cute. Cute. Cute.
Love, Auntie Jo
Hazel is mega cute! I can't wait to meet her. And don't be dissin' Sudoku.
Great to hear that Hazel is such a good baby. I can only imagine what it'd be like to have grandparents close by.
I took that picture!
Post a Comment
<< Home