Hazel Crocus Friesen
The long awaited moment has come, and surprisingly early. Wednesday morning at 4:30 it all started. We called our friend who was our taxi driver/doula and got to the clinic by 6:00. I was feeling fine so I didn't see the need to rush. Unfortunately, the doctor did. He started me on pitocen and within minutes I was enjoying the wonderful feeling of contractions. Okay, I'll skip the details from there on. Eventually I was ready for an epidural and by 10:10 that morning our beautiful baby girl was born. Because I've never been in labour before I can't compare it to anything but I think that it was pretty good as far as labours go.
I can't express how ecstatic I was that it was a girl. Nothing against boys, but after 9 nephews and only 3 nieces, it was time for another.
How was having a baby in the DR? Kind of like having a baby in a completely opposite culture in the 1960's. But, I was taken good care of and in the end we got the desired result.
Enough details, here's the pictures.
Oh yeah, she weighed 6 1/2 pounds and measured 20 inches (51cm). She has Terry's insanely long fingers and fingernails and long feet. She has dark hair but isn't hairy like we had feared. She's wonderful!




11 Comments:
hey..this is your cousin aaron..congrats on the sweet new addition to your family.that rules.hope you have lots of fun with her.take care.
aaron
ps.i havent talked to you guys in years...hope all is well.heres a webpage u can check out for more info on me and what not.i just got engaged last night also so im super stoked on that.www.myspace.com/aaron_means
Congratulations!! Hmmmm... an interesting take on delivering in the DR. sixties, eh?
Lisa-Joy says:
Jill you look amazing. Hazel is sooooo cute! And alert. In the picture where you're harry arm is holding her (Terry), I see you Jill. Congratulations and I can't wait to meet her!
John says:
Hey Terr, if you had a boy I was afraid I would have to start explaining to Mekhi that he would always have to settle being second best at sports. But you've got a girl, so ... oh wait, it's a Meisner girl... scratch that. I guess I'll still have to have that conversation with our little guy!
Mega-congratulations! Hazel ultra-cute! Good for you allowing Sasquatch into the delivery room and for letting it hold your little baby ;-)
Lisa-Joy and I decided that Hazel looks like all the Meisner girls rolled into one, but little.
Congratulations! Hazel is adorable! I can totally see both of you in her! Actually I'd really be interested to hear what your medical experiences/delivery in the DR was like. Not the gory details of course, but why was the doctor so anxious? Anyway, that's a discussion for another day. Congratulations again, and have fun!
Hey guys...it's Roger and Daina. Woo hoo...a girl...that is awesome. We love you guys and are praying for you guys as you transition into life with Hazel...in the DR. Love the name...We cannot wait to meet her.
Who said Meisner's couldn't make girls eh? I bet your family is pumped.
R & D & R
Terry should wear that cap around the house...oh yeah...with a leather jacket.
She's beautiful and you guys look great! Big congratulations on your teeny tiny Hazel. I saw a little of Jill right away. I happy to hear to you had a safe delivery (and short, 6 hours?). Looking forward to seeing more pictures of Hazel as she grows! Congratulations!
I can't wait to see Hazel in person. Glad to hear everything went ok in the hospital. Congratulations!
Jill, you look ridiculously good for having just given birth; Terr, you look alright too. As for Hazel...she looks perfectly adorable and we can't wait to meet her. We love you guys, Jo (for Ryan & Liam too)
That baby has a hairy back.
Jer
Post a Comment
<< Home