Friday, January 01, 2010

How Embarassing!

I was going to post photos of Fall because it's been that long but decided to skip that now that Christmas has come and gone. This morning I got a blog idea so I quickly took some photos and will go with that instead. It all started with a passing comment made about 1 week before Christmas. I had mentioned something about not doing a Christmas puzzle in quite a few years. Terry, being the devoted husband that he is, bought me a puzzle for Christmas (yes, we did comment on how that is kind of a grandma present). So, after being away a few days, and having the girls tucked into bed, we decided to start on the marathon of puzzling. I won't thrill you with the details of intense silence, separating the dark red pieces from the dark brown pieces, or looking for that one piece that we swore must have gone missing. But, four days later we were still working on it, with Hazel encouraging us saying, "it's almost done". We had to eat supper in the basement because the dining room table was in use. Anyway, this morning was my turn to sleep in and as I shuffled into the kitchen at 11:30 I found Terry busy at work, desperately trying to finish. I quickly ate some shreddies and joined him. What were the girls doing at this point you ask? Good question. We took turns checking on them when we heard screaming or crying but other than that, it was more important for us to finish this work of art. By the last few pieces Hazel was actually crawling on and over our backs, desperate for some much needed attention. When we finally finished I went to find Luna and laughed at what our house had turned into after being neglected for the morning and letting the girls roam free.
I'm not sure what is more embarrassing; to neglect the girls the for a few hours while we "puzzle", or the state our house was in. But don't worry, the puzzle is done and the house is back in order (sort of).





Here are a few photos of Christmas with the girls.



This is the new kitchen we "made" for Hazel. I found the cupboard on the right, at our local MCC store and Terry's dad made a matching stove for it. I had been collecting old melamine dishes and linens at MCC and then all we had to do was paint and add a sink. It was lots of fun putting it all together.




3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger stephanie joy said...

who knew you were such puzzle fiends?! love it! now i know what to get you for your 10 year anniversary! ha ha ha!
i absolutely love hazel's new kitchen set too. the melamine dishes are awesome! good score!
happy new year to you guys!

hugs,
steph

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger c.meisner said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??! that kitchen is AMAZING! i can't believe it all started with a dirty little copboard...it looks so great jill. you realize i'll be paying terry's dad for one just like it.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry looks like Spock in the puzzle pic
Charla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home