Saturday, February 21, 2009

POOP

"So, Jill, what do you do all day now that you're not working anymore?"

"Well, other than take care of my two darling girls, I clean up poop."
(laughter)
"No, seriously, I clean up poop." (not laughing)

I've had this conversation a few times now. The reason is that I have begun potty training Hazel and have started using cloth diapers for Luna. This means that I'm cleaning out a lot of poop and doing a lot of laundry. Some of you may think I'm crazy for using cloth diapers in a third world country but it's so much cheaper, the diapers don't end up in the river and it really hasn't been hard at all. It just means that I need to put on my beautiful yellow rubber gloves and clean out some poop from time to time.
Hazel has had her good potty-trainging moments and her not so good potty-training moments. I won't go into much detail (I'm tired of using the word poop), but let's just say that she had 3 baths today.
On top of all this, the other day, my wondeful nephews made their mom stop the truck so they could jump out and catch a stray kitten for me. Aren't they sweet? I brought the half-starved kitten home, bathed it because it stunk like dead rat, and began to pet and love it. It thanked me by pooping on my leg. I then barricaded it in the computer room. By morning I couldn't take the smell any longer and moved it outside. I haven't seen it since (sorry Brodie and Drew).

I'm really hoping this phase in my life moves along quickly (although I have a sneaky feeling it's only just begun).
Sorry, I don't have any photos to post.

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Jill, I used cloth diapers for both Meadow and Kazan even though we lived without running water in our house. I just went visiting with my diaper pail!
Have a great day Patti

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? no pictures of poop for us?

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love when you get to experience all that fun that I got to go through. It can feel at times like your life revolves around poop, and that cat sounds awesome. If it is any consolation I have 3 pairs of Poopy underwear drying in my upstairs bathtub as we speak.
Charla

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Lisa-Joy & John Gunter said...

No pictures! I love the font color you chose!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Lisa-Joy & John Gunter said...

Ahh, poop. You gotta embed some of your Picasaweb albums here, those are good pics!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger c.meisner said...

i've got poop pictures. the first time arlo pooped the potty he wanted to save it to show daddy...i said no and took a picture instead.
good luck with the stinky messes...the mushy cloth diaper ones are gross so VERY well done!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home