Monday, October 13, 2008

Luna's First Visitors

My (Jill's) parents came for a 2 week visit about a week ago. The visit mainly consisted of playing with Hazel every waking moment and if not that, then holding Luna. I'm actually amazed at the amount of other things that got accomplished while doing this.
The first week here we couldn't go anywhere because it was Retreat Week at our school (which I'll talk more about later), so we pittered around the house and occasionally went into town. My dad dug up our flower and garden beds, painted Hazel's bedroom and as soon as those were done my mom was quick to suggest something else. We planted all our flowers beds, which 2 weeks later, aren't looking so bad ( the nice pink ones apparently don't like the sun and are already half dead).
The second week we went to the beach for a few nights. That was very relaxing and Hazel never got out of the pool.
I was dreading the day they left and had invisioned me sitting in my pajamas all day and dealing with Hazel's withdrawal of Grandma and Papa. But, it went amazingly well. Hazel asked for Papa when she woke up but seemed to understand that they had gone bye-bye and was pretty good for the rest of the day. Luna, used to being held wasn't about to give this up. That was a little tougher trying to get anything done while constantly holding a baby. But, it's already getting better.


At home with Papa.


At a waterfall (Terry's at work).


Grandma had bought Hazel new sunglasses and she wanted to show them off.



This is the best family photo we could get.

After her bath.

Now onto Retreat week. We have Retreat at our school twice a year and I get to be a part of the Retreat committee. This year was a little different for me as I planned what I could but then wasn't able to actually participate as I had just had Luna. But, with my parents here, we went to a few evening events. The theme this year was "Labels" and for opening night we labeled each staff and student into typical highschool groups (ever seen the movie Mean Girls?) and they had to come dressed up as their label. We had jocks, cheerleaders, mathletes (nerds) and weirdos. Terry and I were in the Jock group. I really missed not being a part of retreat this year but it was encouraging to hear all the good things that happened during the week. At the end of the week, during Church, we give the student and staff a time to share what they learned during retreat. I missed this time as I was already at the beach with my parents but when Terry and Bob and Carrie showed up that afternoon, they were very excited about some of the students who had previously called themselves Atheists step forward and announce their new faith in Christ and how they had stopped fighting against God. Very encouraging and reminds us why we're here.
I'm not going to say more but Bob and Carrie wrote a great Blog about it so I'll send you to their Blog to read more (it's titled "Hard to Describe").



The "Jock" family.


Hazel with her cheerleader friend Lucy.






1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Jill, I love that you write the way you talk. I can hear your voice in my head as I read your updates. So glad to see your new little one has made it safely and everyone's looking great! Looking forward to see you more soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home