Well, apparently our blog is getting a little "stale". Since most of you think that we don't work here but just go to waterfalls all day, we must have time to update our blog. We now have internet at our house and should be able to keep it a little more updated.
Maybe we don't write because life seems to have settled down a bit. Last week we had a "Fall Festival" at the school. We didn't celebrate Halloween but we had spirit week at school and ended with a square dancing extravaganza, which we got to dress up for. I had been practicing with the students all month, taking square dancing and line dancing lessons. I must say I was pretty good for a Canadian.
Terry and I were in training all week, learning how to deal with crisis situations, so we missed most of the dress-up days. I think that's okay. We had four very long days training which made us glad to be back in the classroom the next week.
This week Terry left on his house trip to the north coast. I'll have him write more about it next week. Tuesday morning I went on a service project with my house. Tuesday is a free day for the houses and they do different things. But, in order to get a free day they have to pass school inspection and house inspection, which means they have to earn a minimum amount of points in each as a house. If they fail, they have to scrub all day. My house has been going through a bit of a rough time and has been scrubbing most of their free days. So, this Tuesday I had a chance to get out and do something with them so I took it. We ended up going to a camp up the mountian and machete-ing shrubs and then carrying the branches up and down the mountain road for 3 hours. Not exactly what I had in mind. But, it gave me a chance to get out of the classroom with the boys.
As far as life in the Dominican, we have found a new freedom with our dirt bike. It's amazing what a difference transportation makes. We can now get home from our Spanish lessons, go play tennis, come home from church when we want to or leave early from work. Terry's been giving me a few lessons. We had a little scare when I tried to stop before I got on the highway but hit the gas instead. I think I should be ready to venture out in a few weeks. Don't worry, I always wear a really dorky helmet.



6 Comments:
Terry...I think you should really adopt that cowboy look....you looked gooood!!!
Jill, you look hilarious on that bike! Terry, I thought I looked like Woody from Toy Story when I dressed-up like a cowboy. You take the cake!
I am really offended at the comments about my new jeans and belt. They were not cheap and why am I judged for changing up my style once in a while. Jill thinks I am extra sexy.
Charla,
Get a job!
someone once told me that terry's butt looked nice in cowboy jeans. I now agree.
I want your bike. I think A****cans could learn a lesson about savoring the out-of-doors and getting from point a to b in something other than a decked-out pick-up with flags, magnets, bumper stickers and other like paraphernalia plastered all over it. My latest beef? Someone wrote up an editorial and stated (more like complained/whined) that "East Milton needs fast food restaurants. We need a Wal-Mart. It's too hard to drive to Milton to get stuff." Um...Milton's only a four mile drive from East Milton... Anyway, your dirt bike looks like fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home