Saturday, August 13, 2005

Things are lookin' up

Well, we have officially made it through our first successful week (meaning that nothing bad happened) !

For those of you who may not have heard, here is a quick photo recap of the various incidents that made our first two weeks in Jarabacoa so interesting.

First there was the bag incident:




There is no photo because there is nothing to take a photo of. Jill's delayed bag turned into Jill's lost bag and then into the long annoying process of trying to get compensated for the bag and its contents.


Then there was the ring incident:


We had the chance to go to Cabarete and I spent the afternoon windsurfing. If you look closely you can see my wedding ring, but soon after.......

.....the ring was no where to be found! (Just a lot of kite boarding)


Next we went to spend some time at one of the beautiful waterfalls near where we live. We drove some crazy mountain roads for 20 minutes and then hiked down a treacherous little trail for another 20 minutes to arrive here

We were pumped about spending the day here but after about ten minutes (and before Jill even got into the water) I ended the fun with a slip on some sharp rocks.















However, this last week has been great and other than typical Dominican frustrations nothing really bad has happened to us.

Well, it's now August 23rd and we just got back from another adventurous trip. We took a day trip to a place called "27 waterfalls". It's called that because...it has 27 waterfalls (28 actually). We have no pictures because we had to swim to them. Let me just say that it was the most amazing place I've been to yet. It's one big crystal clear "river" that flows down the mountain in canyons and small pools and small waterfalls. We decided to not hire a guide because we thought they were ripping us off and it took us about 3 hours to get to the first 3 waterfalls. Meanwhile, numerous tourist groups with guides were up and down in half an hour. We had lots of fun regardless. Some of the waterfalls had natural slides that you could slide down and then drop into a small pool. I can't even begin to describe it. You'll just have to come see for yourself.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Roger/Daina/Reed said...

Terry...I had no idea they were taping Extreme Makeover in the Dominican. I hope you invite Daina and I to the unveiling of your new look. Let us know how it turns out.

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my lovely you asked for it...in my midnight searchings of blogs I came across an angel with a beast. My plea is to give you an escape from your tropical chains. With me I will supply you with delicate frocks, rings for your fair hands, my body of steel that cannot be broken and a heart full of love. Just ask and it is yours.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jill! we need your v-ball skillz here so we can kick some bottom! so get back here soon! and then you can have babies too! we also need you so we can play some rockin' mafia games! rock on baby! yaaaaaaaa! sweet. see ya later dude and dudette.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home